Tuesday 9 March 2010

Should Buy to Let Mortgages be regulated?

When I was first asked this question, my initial response was ‘of course they should be regulated’. This was partly driven by the fact that I find far too many people investing in buy to let property without doing the level of due diligence on a property that they would if they were buying a home.

I also think that people often believe property is more likely to deliver an investment return than a pension or other financial investment. Personally, I love property and feel very comfortable in being sure it will give me a return, but I also take advantage of financial investment products, specifically investing in a pension due to the tax breaks I receive.

Read on to find out what I think about the regulation of BTL mortgages.

No comments:

Post a Comment